Farmer's Apprentice with Homemade Ice Cream Tasting and Demo
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: PFJCMH
The Homemade Ice Cream Tasting and Demo is available before the Farmer's Apprentice tour.
The Homemade Ice Cream is recommended for all ages, and provides an opportunity to learn how milk turns to ice cream, and to taste the sweet results. Participants begin by creating a batch of ice cream and learning what exactly goes into the recipe. After all the ingredients are added and the machine starts to turn the cream (a process which takes 40 minutes), the group samples a batch of ice cream made during the previous session. Small batches (1 gallon) are made during classes, and the flavor of ice cream varies according to the season (vanilla is standard).
- A delicious refresher to go along with the Farmer's Apprentice tour
- Homemade ice cream
- An authentic farm-to-table experience
The farmer's apprentice gets hands-on experience during the guided tour of a working farm. Milk a cow, bottle feed baby calves, venture inside the chicken coop, and tour the barns. When tours include 10+ participants, a 15-min wagon ride will also be included.
- Farm tour
- Experiential learning for participants of all ages
- Wagon ride (weather-dependent, for tours with 10+ participants)
What to Bring (for the Farmer's Apprentice tour):
- Sneakers, boots, or other closed-toe shoes with good traction